IN CASE OF EMERGENCY
EMERGENCY PROCEDURE LETTER
TO: Parents and/or Guardians of Johnson County Central Public Schools
FROM: Jon Rother, Superintendent
RE: Emergency procedures for Johnson County Central Public Schools
The Johnson County Central Public School District has developed a Safety Plan that is designed to minimize danger to anyone occupying a school should an emergency occurs. Our main objective is to attend to the health and welfare of your child/children in the event of a crisis.
In most emergencies your child/children will remain and be cared for at the school he/she attends. In the rare event of an emergency affecting the school your child attends that prohibits re-entry to the building, middle school and elementary school students will be accompanied to a pre-determined alternate site. High School students will go to an alternate site or be dismissed to return home for the day.
• Elementary School to St. Andrew’s Catholic Parrish Hall (335-2234)
• Senior High students to Baptist Activity Center (335-2225)
• Secondary/Elementary alternate site to Tecumseh Community Building
• Elementary/Middle School to Grace Lutheran church (864-4201)
• Alternate site to Cook Community Center
We ask that you follow this procedure if you hear of any school emergency:
- Turn on your radio to KWBE (1450 AM), KFAB (1110 AM), KTNC (1230 AM) KUTT (99.5 FM), 96KX, KLZA (101.3 FM), WOW (94.1), KNCY (103.1 FM & 1600 AM) or television to channels 10, 8 or 7.
- Please do not telephone the school. We have limited phone lines. These must be used to respond to the emergency. If your student owns a cell phone use this as means of communication (for emergency purposes only)
- Please do not come to the school unless requested to pick up your child at school. Any emergency involving your child's school may mean emergency vehicles and workers must be able to get in the building. If the emergency necessitates relocation of staff and students, you will be informed via the media.
- If a student is injured we will be calling parents at home or at work. Please stay close to the phone.
PLEASE GLUE THIS INFORMATION INSIDE THE COVER OF YOUR PHONE BOOK.